Communication

Thursday, July 17, 2008

This is the summation of my writing technique. "One line has to relate to the previous one". (That's what my cousin Dorothy Jean told me, she writes plays and such) I know, a tad simplistic, but that's is about all I really know about how I write. I have quite a bit to learn. So I probably won't be posting many tutorials on the subject of writing, how to write, what to write about. But with that disclaimer all written out in black and white, here are a few principles that I agree with.


  • Read.

  • Take note of what you like. (the style, happy, sad, joyful, just down right hilarious )

  • And lastly (I don't really know if that's a word) take advice from experienced writers you respect in some way. If you read enough you will find that you will start to adapt the style of those authors. By the way those principles work for tech stuff too. Good starting points online are as follows:




  • Molly Ellen
  • ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> Blurb: Molly and I are not really on a first name basis but I totally agree with this article and from the looks of her about me blurb we have a few general things in common, I'm not sayin which. You go girl.



  • It's Not About The Website
  • ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> Blurb: Obviously we get a peek into the design process of a real pro.



  • Online Evangelism: Writing Section
  • ><> ><> ><> ><> Blurb: A tiny, but very useful directory of resources.



  • Fellowship of Christian Writers
  • Blurb: I can't really give a review of this group seeing as how I just joined the group. But I was impressed with their mission statement, and the fact that membership is free, and ok so I'm kinda givin a review, and the fact that they have been around for 25 years, and their web site has a simple clean look to it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment